In the Matter of the Joint Application of Southern )
Union Company d/b/a Missouri Gas Energy, )
The Laclede Group, Inc., and Laclede Gas )
Company for an Order Authorizing the Sale, ) File No. GM-2013-0254
Transfer, and Assignment of Certain Assets and )
Liabilities from Southern Union Company to )
Laclede Gas Company and, in Connection )
Therewith, Certain other Related Transactions )
ORDER DIRECTING NOTICE AND ESTABLISHING INTERVENTION DATE
Issue Date: January 15, 2013 Effective Date: January 15, 2013
On January 14, 2013, Southern Union Company, d/b/a Missouri Gas Energy, The Laclede Group, Inc., and Laclede Gas Company filed an application asking the Commission to approve a sale in which Laclede Gas would acquire the entire franchise, works, and system of Southern Union’s Missouri Gas Energy operating division. In addition, Laclede Gas seeks authority from the Commission to borrow up to $975 million to finance the transaction.
The Commission will direct that notice of the filing be given to potentially interested persons and entities. The Commission will also establish a deadline for the filing of applications to intervene.
The Commission notes that Section 393.190.1, RSMo 2000 requires the Commission to notify the county clerk of the counties within Missouri Gas Energy’s operating territory of the effect the merger would have on the tax revenues of the various political subdivisions within the service territory. The Commission hereby notifies those political subdivisions that the Applicants represent that the proposed merger will have no financial impact on the tax revenues of the political subdivisions in which any of the transferred structures, facilities, or equipment are located.
THE COMMISSION ORDERS THAT:
1. The Commission’s data center shall provide a copy of this order to the county commission of each county in the natural gas service territory of Southern Union Company, d/b/a Missouri Gas Energy, and to the parties to Southern Union Company’s most recent rate case, File No. GR-2009-0355.
2. The Commission’s data center shall provide a copy of this order to the county commission of each county in the natural gas service territory of Laclede Gas Company, and to the corresponding governing body for the City of St. Louis. In addition, the data center shall provide a copy of this order to the parties to Laclede Gas Company’s most recently completed rate case, File No. GR-2010-0171, and to the parties that have applied to intervene in Laclede Gas Company’s on-going rate case, File No. GR-2013-0171.
3. The Commission’s public information office shall make notice of this order available to the members of the Missouri General Assembly representing the residents of the natural gas service areas of Southern Union Company, d/b/a Missouri Gas Energy, and Laclede Gas Company, and to the news media serving the residents of the natural gas service areas of Southern Union Company, d/b/a Missouri Gas Energy, and Laclede Gas Company.
4. Any proper person or entity wishing to intervene in this matter shall file an application to intervene no later than February 13, 2013 with:
Shelley Brueggemann, Acting Secretary
Missouri Public Service Commission
Post Office Box 360
5. This order shall become effective upon issuance.
BY THE COMMISSION
( S E A L )
Morris L. Woodruff, Chief Regulatory Law Judge,
by delegation of authority pursuant to
Section 386.240, RSMo 2000.
on this 15th day of January, 2013.