STATE OF MISSOURI
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
At a session of the Public Service Commission held at its office in Jefferson City on the 3rd day of January, 2013.
In the Matter of Union Electric Company, d/b/a†††††††††† )††††††††
Ameren Missouriís Tariff to Increase Its Annual†††††††††† )†††††††† File No. ER-2012-0166
Revenues for Electric Service††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† )
Issue Date:† January 3, 2013††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Effective Date:† January 3, 2013
On December 12, 2012, the Commission issued a report and order regarding Union Electric Company d/b/a Ameren Missouriís tariffs to increase its rates for electric service.† That report and order became effective on December 22.† On December 21, the Missouri Industrial Energy Consumers (MIEC), the Office of the Public Counsel, the Midwest Energy Consumers Group (MECG), AARP, the Consumers Council of Missouri, and Ameren Missouri filed timely applications for rehearing.† Ameren Missouri also asked the Commission to reconsider portions of its report and order.† ††
Section 386.500.1, RSMo (2000), indicates the Commission shall grant an application for rehearing if ďin its judgment sufficient reason therefor be made to appear.Ē† †In the judgment of the Commission, MIEC, Public Counsel, MECG, AARP, Consumers Council and Ameren Missouri have not shown sufficient reason to rehear the report and order.† The Commission will deny their applications for rehearing as well as Ameren Missouriís request for reconsideration.
THE COMMISSION ORDERS THAT:
1. The Missouri Industrial Energy Consumersí Application for Rehearing is denied.
2. The Office of the Public Counselís Application for Rehearing is denied.
3. The Midwest Energy Consumers Groupís Application for Rehearing is denied.
4. AARPís Application for Rehearing is denied.
5. The Consumer Council of Missouriís Application for Rehearing is denied.
6. Union Electric Company, d/b/a Ameren Missouriís Application for Rehearing and Request for Reconsideration is denied.
7. This order shall become effective upon issuance.
Gunn, Chm., Jarrett and Stoll, CC., concur;
Kenney, C., dissents.
Woodruff, Chief Regulatory Law Judge