In the Matter of the Application of Union Electric Company, )
d/b/a Ameren Missouri, for a Certificate of Convenience ††† )
and Necessity Authorizing it to Construct, Install, Own, ††††† )†††† File No. EA-2013-0316
Operate, Control, Manage and Maintain a †††††††††††††††††††††††† )
Sub-Transmission Line to Provide Electric Service in †††††††† )
Clay County, Missouri†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† )
Issue Date:† November 30, 2012†††††††††††††††††††††† Effective Date:† November 30, 2012
On November 29, 2012, Union Electric Company d/b/a Ameren Missouri (ďAmeren MissouriĒ) filed an application with the Missouri Public Service Commission (ďCommissionĒ) for a Certificate of Convenience and Necessity to construct, install, own, operate, control, manage and maintain an electric sub-transmission line to provide electric service in Clay County, Missouri, for a new customer locating to Ameren Missouriís existing territory.
The Commission will give notice of these applications to potentially interested parties and will set an intervention deadline.† Ameren Missouri has asked the Commission to act on its application by December 31, 2012, or as soon thereafter as is possible.† Therefore, the Commission will direct its Staff to investigate and file a recommendation regarding the application.†
THE COMMISSION ORDERS THAT:
1. The Commissionís Data Center shall provide notice of this order and the application to the parties to Union Electric Company d/b/a Ameren Missouriís on-going rate case, File Number ER-2012-0166.†
2. The Commissionís Data Center shall provide notice of this order and the application to KCP&L-Greater Missouri Operations Company.
3. The Commissionís Public Information Office shall make notice of this order available to the media in service areas of Union Electric Company d/b/a Ameren Missouri and KCP&L-Greater Missouri Operations Company and to the members of the General Assembly representing these service areas.
4. Any person or entity wishing to intervene in this matter shall file an application no later than December 14, 2012 with:
Steven C. Reed, Secretary
Missouri Public Service Commission
Post Office Box 360
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102
or by using the Commissionís electronic filing and information service.
5. The Staff of the Missouri Public Service Commission shall investigate and file a report and recommendation regarding the application no later than December 21, 2012.
6. This order shall become effective immediately upon issuance.
BY THE COMMISSION
Steven C. Reed
†( S E A L )
Michael Bushmann, Regulatory Law Judge,
by delegation of authority pursuant to
Section 386.240, RSMo 2000.
on this 30th day of November, 2012.